HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. We promise to keep your information safe.
2. We promise not to sell it
3. We give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time
4. We keep a record of when and how we get consents and what you were told at the
HOW THE LAW PROTECTS YOU
1. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons to collect your data
2. To fulfil a contract with you – to create an AST
3. When it is our legal duty – we have to carry out right to rent checks
4. When it is in our legitimate interest – we have to make sure you will be viable tenant
5. When you consent - we ask for this every step of the rental process
6. Transparency means you have the right to be informed about how we will use your data and this document provides this
GROUPS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION that we will hold and use to asses you as a suitable tenant
FINANCIAL -Your financial position, status and history
CONTACT - Where you live and how to contact you
SOCIO-DEMOGRAPHIC - Details about your work, nationality, education
TRANSACTIONAL -Details of payments you make to us
CONTRACTUAL - Details about the products or services we provide to you
COMMUNICATIONS- What we learn about you from letters, emails and conversations between us.
OPEN DATA AND PUBLIC RECORDS - E.g Electoral Information, Internet, Newspapers
DOCUMENTARY DATA - E.g copies of ID
CONSENTS - How you agree we can contact you
NATIONAL IDENTIFIERS- E.g. National Insurance Number
Please note that we also collect Data from Third Parties such as social networks, fraud prevention agencies, public information services.
WE MAY SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH
1. HMRC, Regulators, police and other authorities – were we have statuary requirements to do so
2. Credit Reference Agencies
3. Fraud Prevention Agencies
4. Any party linked to you ( e.g. Joint Tenant) – with reasonable use
5. s. Workmen needing to enter your house
6. Companies you ask us to share data with ( e.g. Rent shield) – to be able to process your application and provide you with services for your tenancy
7. Your perspective landlord for them to be able to make an informed decision about your application
8. If we sell our business we will only do this if they agree to keep your information safe and adhere to GDPR.
CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES
We will share information with CRA's and they will give us information about you. The data we exchange can include
1. Name, address date of birth
2. Application form details
3. Financial situation and history
4. Public Information
5. We will use this information to:
6. Assess if you can afford the property
7. Make sure what you have told us is the truth
8. Help detect and prevent fraud
9. Track and recover debts
We will not sell this data on. It will be passed to your landlord for their records. They have agreed to use your data in accordance with GDPR.
Please be aware that on a joint tenancy CRA's may link your data to other joint tenants. You can ask CRA's to break the link but you normally have to prove you no longer have a financial link with them. We cannot assist you with this, you will have to make your own enquiries.
IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE DATA or Consent to us holding Data WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO OFFER YOU A TENANCY.
This will be reviewed on a case by case basis
HOW LONG WE KEEP INFORMATION
1. We will keep it as long as you are a client
2. After you stop being a client we may keep data for up to 10 years for one or more of the following reasons :-
3. To respond to questions or complaints or
4. To show why we have treated you fairly or For historical research and statistical purposes You can access personal information by writing to us at ( give address) You can also ask us to correct any information you believe to be incorrect. We do not have to provide information where the request is disproportionate or has already been given previously.
WHAT IF YOU ASK US TO STOP USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
This is also known as "The right to be forgotten". There may be legal or other reasons why we need to keep or use your data. In such cases we can restrict the use of your data to legal claims or to exercise legal rights. We will inform you of what we can do and what we cannot do. We may need to hold on to some information but we will make sure it meets your wishes as much as possible.
YOU CAN WITHDRAW CONSENT BY WRITING TO US AT Information Controller, SPACE LM LTD, 49 Wokingham Road, Reading, Berks, RG6 1LG
YOU CAN COMPLAIN TO US IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH HOW WE HAVE USED YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AT information Controller, SPACE LM LTD , 49 Wokingham Road, Reading, Berks, RG6 1LG
YOU CAN ALSO COMPLAIN TO THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONERS OFFICE. FIND OUT ON THEIR WEBSITE HOW TO REPORT A CONCERN. https://ico.org.uk/
VITAL INTERESTS - We can pass on details in an emergency e.g. medical care if you are physically or legally incapable of giving consent.
We supply a copy of information free of charge. We can charge a reasonable fee when a request is manifestly unfounded, or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive. We may charge a fee where we have already supplied the information.
We must supply information without delay and in any event within one month. This can be extended by up to 2 months if during that month the request is considered complex and/or numerous, and if we do we have to explain why.
We must verify the identity of the person making the request using "reasonable means" this verification is not included in the one month timescale.
DATA PROTECTION IMPACT ASSESSMENT
This will allow an organisation to identify and fix problems at an early stage. We review this annually.
Further guidance see ICO Conducting privacy impact assessments code of Practice.